Monday, April 30, 2018

Wisdom

Book vector created by Freepik

I come seeking wisdom
A word from the wise
He says
Mouth opens wide
He grins
I wonder what advise
I can give?

If I knew then
What I know now
That the world can
Be cruel and unkind
It can chew you up and
Spit you out.

Would I have then
Done things differently?
Or would I have
Never changed a thing
Because in the midst
Of  anger and betrayal.

I have also felt
The kindness of strangers
Been enveloped by love
By family and friends
Helped by Samaritans
When I was down.

I now embrace
Sorrows and joy
All in equal measure
They have made me
What I am now

Older but much wiser


***

Getting wiser in this month ;-) so 'W' for 'Wisdom'.

My A to Z entries can be navigated to from this page - A2Z, please do take some time out to read and comments on the poems.

I'd love read what you think about this post...

No comments :

Post a Comment