Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Discarded

Copyright – Adam Ickes

Those shoes had been waiting for a long time.  The location had not changed, on the shoe rack next to the staircase.  Each time he descended they were there, staring at him, a reminder of the last master of the house.

He had often asked her to throw them away but she refused each time, as if they provided legitimacy to her new relationship. 

Look I waited for him was the statement they made, held on to his memories, didn’t discard and throw his belongings..


He threw them out one night, next to the field where his secrets lay buried.

***
Word Count : 100.


So the prompt is a reminder that I have been participating in the Friday Fictioneers for a long time now.  This was my entry five years back.  To read the other old and new  Fictioneers this week click here

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

24 comments :

  1. I wonder what he did. I can imagine, because your story is so neatly told. Jilly, Sugar on the Bee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what he did next ;-) Thanks for commenting Jilly.

      Delete
  2. Quite understandable, I think. You don't want your predecessor's shoes hanging around when you've gone to the trouble of killing him. Nicely done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Plus he has no sole. Thanks for your comments Neil, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. Those shoes were creeping on his conscience. Best get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best done in the middle of the night. Thanks for reading and commenting Iain.

      Delete
  4. No good to hold on to things from the past; especially when they infringe on your future.
    I loved this, Subroto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is another way of looking at it, thanks for your comments Dale.

      Delete
  5. Finally the shoes went to its original owner. But secret still remains with one person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a keeper of secret. Thanks for reading and commenting Abhijit.

      Delete
  6. Gosh I think she got in with a bad one there. Well written - I wasn't expecting that at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn't know him fully yet. Thanks for your comments Irene.

      Delete
  7. Dear Subroto,

    Something tells me she just might be next in his field of secrets. Well done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle. She might be safe, any rivals will be taken care of.

      Delete
  8. This one is shivery stuff. His secrets, aka the woman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I think he guards his secrets closely.

      Delete
  9. I agree with Rochelle, she better sleep with one eye open...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Violet, maybe she should.

      Delete
  10. I am sure this act will be his downfall. She will go hunting for them and find his secrets. Sorry I could resist that. An intriguing tale of deceit and betrayal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she is on to him. Thanks for reading and commenting Dahlia.

      Delete
  11. This is so inventive. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  12. Oh... I think she better take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she senses it. Thanks for reading Björn.

      Delete