Thursday, December 27, 2018

Goatfather

Copyright Randy Maize

They say the death of an opponent is not a time to gloat.  It is one that should be spent in introspection and reflection.  How we treat our rivals in defeat is a measure of our character.

It is easy to be gracious in victory but how we handle ourselves in the sting of defeat can really define us.

Tish! Tosh! And bah humbug while we are at it.

Can I say that a life time of hearing fairy tales about evil trolls I am glad this goat is finally cooked.

Farewell Billy Goat Gruff, this troll does not forget.

***
Word Count : 100.


And before you know it the last Friday Fictioneer prompt for the year is here.   This should have been a serious and reflective piece and that is how I started it.  But then I did have fun with the writing prompts for this year so I flipped it around.  So wishing everyone a very happy new year and to read the other last words for this year, click here

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

18 comments :

  1. Give no quarter. Have at thee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Thanks for getting into the spirit Neil :-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Subroto,

    I love your twisted slant on Billy Goat's gruff. Well done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, I think I goat this.

      Delete
  3. Cheers to the Troll! His time has come ;-)
    Happy New Year to you and yours, Subroto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale, Troll has been making waves on the internet for a while ;-)

      Delete
  4. Gloat away, troll, you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alistair. Gone but not forgoaten ;-)

      Delete
  5. Ha! Great twist on the picture - the troll triumphant at last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn, the Troll's been waiting for a long time.

      Delete
  6. Ha ha... I knew that the trolls would have their revenge on the Gruffs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Björn, he is ready to rock and troll.

      Delete
  7. The taste of victory must be sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the twist in all this. A great write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I am glad you like it.

      Delete
  9. Trolls deserve it don't they. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked your twisted version of the nursery story Subroto!

    ReplyDelete