Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Third Eye




She talks of chakras and mandalas

Of invisible wheels of energy flowing

Sacred consciousness

Coursing through the body divine


I stand before her

Silently listening

Washed over by

A torrent of words


Gazing at her doe eyes

As she explains

The seven wheels of energy

That turn in perpetual motion inside


Right from Sahasrara

The thousand-petaled lotus

Radiating pure

awareness


Anahata

The heart chakra

The tiny flame burning within

Unhurt, unstruck, and unbeaten


Ajna

The perceptive third eye

Of intuition and intellect

I steal another look and wonder


If she really knows

That spirituality

Remains a cover

For my desires


***
Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

The thing about writing poetry is that it is a subjective form of creative expression.  It is also the type of writing that I never shared in the past but in the last year or so I find that I am unafraid to share it, so bring on the bouquets or the brickbats :-)

Edit: I added some links to explains some of the Sanskrit words used.  At a minimum the word chakra denotes a 'wheel' or a 'circle' and a 'cycle'.

To read the other writers this week click here.

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

30 comments :

  1. Lovely poem! I hope she does feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alistair. Maybe her third eye has already divined his state of mind ;-)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful way to go about describing ones love..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Violet, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. I didn't understand all the references, but I certainly understood those final lines. Very well done!

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I knew the references wouldn't be obvious so I put hyperlinks on them.

      Delete
  4. Dear Subroto,

    I found the links in the midst of the poem somewhat distracting. You beautifully explained the words in the context of the verses. Enjoyable read aside from that. No brickbats her.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle. It's an online medium so added the links in, maybe they were distracting but I thought they might help if anyone wanted an explanation.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed this, Subroto, even if he's really just trying to get closer to her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fake it till you make it ;-) Thanks for your comments Dale, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Your poetry is lovely. And if she's all that she teaches, then she already knows that he's interested in her personally :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, maybe she does know with her perceptive third eye.

      Delete
  7. A unique contribution to the prompt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A flowing and reflective poem, hope it works out for the two people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this reminds that even the devil will quote the bible if it suits his purposes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks plaridel, I think you totally got it ;-)

      Delete
  10. I echo: this is so unique and lovely. The narrator won't be the first nor the last who tries to get close through sharing an interest - real or fake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many romances start that way ;-)
      Thanks for your comments Gabi, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  11. Your poem's lovely. I like the 'torrent of words' at the start, showing that he's not really listening to her, but his desire comes through really strongly. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret, I am glad you picked up on that, it was exactly my intent.

      Delete
  12. Spirituality is a great pick-up thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Björn, there are always benefits in being spiritual :-)

      Delete
  13. Ggrrr .... my comment was erased. OK - I ll start again. : )
    Lovely poem with with the warmth of a wanted love. I didn't find the words distracting as I know about charkras. I thought your interpretation of the prompt was unique. Well done ...
    Isadora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to start again :-) Thanks for commenting Isadora, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete