Friday, March 15, 2019

Chopin Away

PHOTO PROMPT © Anshu Bhojnagarwala

Did you know that before the Pied Piper, Hamelin town had a solution for their rodent menace?  
History would have changed had the council accepted the proposal by Pascal the Piano player.

Yes I mean Hamelin Town’s in Brunswick by the famous Hanover city.   Yes the one where the river Weser, deep and wide, washes its wall on the southern side.

Tone deaf Pascal’s house was the only one free of the vermin.  All he wanted was a permanent spot in the town square to play music.  The musical snobs in the council refused.  The rest you know is history.
***
Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

I couldn't get a Handel on this week's prompt but I'll be Bach.



To read the other writers this week click here.

I'd love read what you think about this post...

20 comments :

  1. Ha ha - nice one, Subroto! (And 'groan' after those jokes! :) )

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I thought it was Haydn in the right direction.

      Delete
  2. Dear Subroto,

    They shouldn't have messed with Pascal. Cute story. As for the pun...extra groan and a grin.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle. I kept the puns to a minimum though I could have made a Liszt.

      Delete
  3. You had way too much fun with this one Subroto!
    And we, your readers, did as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale I am glad you liked it. That photo of organ failure was bound to go places.

      Delete
  4. I knew it would be funny when I saw the title. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley I am glad it was the right note.

      Delete
  5. How they must regret denying Pascal now! Love your twist on the Pied Piper story - very imaginative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really missed out but Pascal got his moment of fame as a Bach Street Boy ;-) Thanks for your comments Lynn, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. There is nothing better than bad music to keep rodents away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Björn, I should start leaving recordings of my voice instead of mouse traps ;-)

      Delete
  7. So the rodents will keep away from bad piano playing. That's interesting. I wonder if that would work for ants, cockroaches etc. Very funny story - clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a best seller in Australia if it worked ;-) Thanks fro your comments Margaret, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  8. I have to admit, my favorite part were your puns! You have a gift and I'm so very jealous!

    -Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I am glad you liked them. Musical puns come easily if you don't Strauss over them ;-)

      Delete