Friday, March 08, 2019

Catastrophe

PHOTO PROMPT © CEAyr

I was destined to rule this planet.  We had discovered it centuries ago scanning galaxies for a favourable habitat, as our sun, expanded into a red giant. 

Explorers had already made forays to the third planet that circled the yellow dwarf and observed it’s simple residents. 

On landing I transformed my craft into a local carrier.  I sat on it retaining my shape, to monitor their reaction to a superior being like myself.


I am pleased to report that they have fawned over me though my translator is unable to decipher noises emanating from this four legged creature approaching me.

***
Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

I don't know if this is the purrfect alien cat story that I could come up with but I am letting it loose.

To read the other writers this week click here.


I'd love read what you think about this post...

24 comments :

  1. I always knew cats would one day rule the planet. This explains it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. Those alien overlords need a lot of pampering.

      Delete
  2. This explains everything. And it is the purrfect alien cat story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabi and he is fur real you know.

      Delete
  3. Smart alien to take on the shape of a cat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale, despite his shape I think he is a fur-midable opponent.

      Delete
  4. It was purrfect alright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Violet, more paw-er to your support.

      Delete
  5. Dear Subroto,

    It makes purrrrfect sense since cats really are aliens. ;) Good one.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, with these aliens you can't stop that loving feline.

      Delete
  6. I think our little alien visitor is about to get a close encounter of the doggie kind :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that time spent observing humans, they should have mapped other species too :-)

      Delete
  7. Ah, the ultimate battle is about to commence. My money's on the cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An alien cat with access to advanced technology. That dog better run away.

      Delete
  8. Well, they are otherworldly! Nice tone to this, well written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  9. That's a most ingenious take on the prompt. You set up the final cliff-hanger effectively. The cat will win, but in doing so will blow his cover; it may be a Pyrrhic victory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might need to set the phasers to stun. That cat's smart (I mean that alien). Thanks for reading and commenting Penny.

      Delete
  10. I knew that the cats are alien.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably documented in the X files somewhere ;-)

      Delete
  11. Cats are silently waiting the return of their leader, and then they will rule us for sure. You have captured their nature so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear they have already started ruling us :-) Thanks for reading and commenting Fatima.

      Delete
  12. Four-legged creature? Probably a dog. Maybe the cat should learn to speak dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Linda. Cat's prefer that others learn to speak Cat :-)

      Delete