Sunday, April 11, 2021

Serpent's Den

PHOTO PROMPT © Brenda Cox


It was late at night but the market was bustling. 

The young backpackers fascinated by the crowds and the restaurants packed with people, revelled in the scenes unfolding before their eyes. 

‘Far out man, this is so cool’
Their young handsome companion smiled and not for the first time the three young travellers felt lucky having him around. 

 Slim, lithe and muscular with wide cheekbones one felt like being in the presence of a movie star. 

The women found his French accent so adorable. 

 “The night is still young’, said Alain Gautier, “Let’s party” 

 He had plans for them all.

***
Written for Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 100

To read the other writers this week click here

I am watching the Netflix series The Serpent a fascinating recreation of the cold blooded serial killer Charles Sobhraj aka Alain Gautier aka the serpent and thus this flash.

In other news my sister's beautifully written historical fiction that brings alive an opulent and turbulent time in India's past through the eyes of a Portuguese priest is available for download. in Amazon - Of Ships and Shahs

I'd love read what you think about this post...

14 comments :

  1. A fantastic TV series. I had little knowledge of him beforehand - quite chilling, but I thought the acting, directing and the way it was put together was really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain. I've know about him since I was a kid, sometimes I feel he gets more publicity than he deserves. But the TV series captures that ruthlessness quite well.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure my roommate will watch that one. She's obsessed with murder shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a scary but an enthralling show.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, a serpent indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A deadly serpent to his victims.

      Delete
  4. I was wary of the handsome stranger the moment you introduced him. And of course, his plans were not good for those poor innocent travelers. Excellent writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda I am glad you liked the story.

      Delete
  5. Dear Subroto,

    Ominous guide that one. Well written. I got the idea even though I wasn't familiar with the movie.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, in this case truth is stranger than fiction.

      Delete
  6. Looks like one to check out on netflix. What's most shocking is that he was ever let out of a cell after all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Lisa. Like all psychopaths they say he is a master manipulator.

      Delete