Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Knead To Know

PHOTO PROMPT © Jennifer Pendergast  


The Inspector sat across the table from the old couple conducting an investigation.

 It has come to our attention that a young individual referring to himself as a gingerbread man was observed being chased by the two of you. Furthermore no trace of the said individual has been found.

It wasn’t us officer we couldn’t catch him. 

All we wanted was to nib.... hug him.

We have had reports of weird doughs sighted here. 

Officer we would have reported any baking and entering.
 
Inspector, said the sergeant, we found a bunch of deleted cookies.

Are we going behind jars officer?

***
Written for Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 100

To read the other writers this week click here

I thought I'd put up a video by Oreo Speedwagon but maybe I'll stick with Beatles and 'All you knead is love' ;-)




I'd love read what you think about this post...

34 comments :

  1. A dough, a dough, a female deer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you did there. Clever punning :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, took a lot of dough to make this one.

      Delete
  3. Fun and cleverly done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedbake Jenne ;-)

      Delete
  4. haha, you've gone all out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen I think I went into Dough Man's Land for this one.

      Delete
  5. Great job, maintaining the puns all the way through. Nothing half-baked about this story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. You know what they say, you've got to bake it till you make it.

      Delete
  6. You do realize you've hit your punning limit for the month with this one. Fortunately, the month is almost over. I love this song! Figuring out all the puns was super fun too!

    Anne from annehiga.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I guess I will have to keep a dough profile after this.

      Delete
  7. Very punny, Subroto. I think I last saw him riding across the river on the back of a fox... Grimm, I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Lisa you just baked your claim as the best response.

      Delete
  8. Punny stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale, sometimes you've got to go with the dough.

      Delete
  9. Puns right from the title. Fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali, this is the place to knead all about it.

      Delete
  10. Brilliant wordplay, nice one Subroto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, just another day of bun and games.

      Delete
  11. Excellent Subroto! 😂 I laughed my guts out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you were able to put them back in.

      Delete
  12. This was brilliant. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabriele, just leaven the dream.

      Delete
  13. Great take. I like the puns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am feeling a roll lotta love.

      Delete
  14. There are going to be serious PUNitive damages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I went for a punishing schedule.

      Delete
  15. Pun-tastic! Clever stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, no more I’ll be leaven now.

      Delete
  16. Dear Subroto,

    My dad always said a pun is the lowest form of pastry. Loved your a dough able story.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, you remain the upper crust here.

      Delete
  17. Very cute story, Subroto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda, I feel I need give flour to everyone who commented.

      Delete