Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Quest

PHOTO PROMPT © CEAyr


Be mine he pleaded. 

 I must leave, she said, find me and I am yours. 

 Where shall I look? 

 I'll be where the sky meets the earth.  

And then she disappeared. 

He roamed the earth, climbing the highest mountains and descending to deepest valleys.

Through arid deserts and snow covered wonderlands. 

 The sirens of the seas sang to him but he remained oblivious to their music. 

 Years rolled into decades to centuries but his quest never ended. 

 I am here, she whispers, right next to you. 

If you could stop and look my love, you will find I never left. 

 ***
Written for Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 100

Back again this week after missing out on last week's prompt.  Still not sure if 'Pursuit of Happiness' or 'Chasing Chimeras' makes a better title.  But does it work? I guess your comments will let me know.
Edit: I guess we can be looking for happiness in different places all our lives when in fact it is right there next to us all long.

To read the other writers this week click here

I'd love read what you think about this post...

22 comments :

  1. If she's a Chimera, maybe best he never finds her...
    And why do they do that? The games people and beasts play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is chasing a dream not realising that it is next to him all along. Thank reading and commenting Dale.

      Delete
  2. She's a tricksy little thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is indeed! Thanks for reading Neil.

      Delete
  3. Dear Subroto,

    At least he had an interesting life of travel. ;) Nicely written in any event. Glad to see you here.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was single minded in his pursuit. Thanks for your comments Rochelle, happy to be back.

      Delete
  4. Makes me wonder if it was all a ploy to educate him.
    Or maybe she's just flighty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CE. If only he had listened more closely he might have learnt something.

      Delete
  5. She best be worth it, that's a lot of effort to go to ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To him she definitely is. Thanks for reading Iain.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed the flow of the story. It was very poetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda I am really glad you liked it.

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed this poetic quest, Subroto! This is one of those "the journey is everything" deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Dora you've got it, I am so glad you liked it.

      Delete
  8. In his quest to find her let's hope he's learning along the way.
    Interesting take on the prompt. Be Safe �� … Isadora ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope he grows from these journeys. Thanks for reading and commenting Isadora.

      Delete
  9. I hope there was joy in the journey for him. Otherwise he's wasted a lot of energy and years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, for some the thrill is in the chase.

      Delete
  10. She certainly gave him the runaround! Beautifully written Subroto.

    My story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he prefers the chase. Thanks for commenting Keith.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you I am glad you liked it.

      Delete