Friday, October 23, 2020

Crumbs


‘Nestled away in the lap of nature’ the blurb on the brochure is enough to entice me. Apparently this is where Instagrammers go for breakfasts.

Such a pretty spot and where can I find a better place to meet my colleague out of the workplace. We’ve both become so close to each other while working on this project.

So I text her asking if she would like to meet up for breakfast on Sunday.  She accepts and here I am waiting by the window.

She is here but who is this with her?

Your fiancé? So glad to meet you.

***

Written for Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 100

I thought I'd make this a two-for-one deal and have a more light hearted approach after the first story -> Order Disorder.  

To read the other writers this week click here

11 comments :

  1. Seems despite working together he never noticed her engagement ring! Nice one.

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not the kind that notices anything obvious like that. Thanks for reading Keith.

      Delete
  2. A romance dead in the water before it even left the shore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a one side romance anyway. Thanks for your comments Iain.

      Delete
  3. Dear Subroto,

    I'm sure her fiancé is just the person he wanted to meet. Sigh.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle. Sadly he never thought that there was anyone else but him.

      Delete
  4. Well. my word. Sometimes you just can't win. I think I actually liked your first one better--the undercurrent was there from the beginning, and you quite cunningly didn't tell what his dirty little secrets are:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I felt it was a bit dark so I wrote a light one to balance it :-)

      Delete
  5. Oh Crumbs, indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Thanks for picking up on the title Dale.

      Delete