Friday, October 23, 2020

Order Disorder

© Rochelle Wisoff-Fields


It was the neatness that he had objected to first. 

The daily folding of the clothes scattered by him in their bedroom. The picking up of used towels and dirty underwear from the bathroom and it soon escalated to cleanliness in the kitchen. 

The immaculate dining table always covered with a tablecloth with the salt and sugar shakers in the same place cutting off the necessity of asking where things were kept. 

 So when his dirty secret was uncovered it was clear that all the anger against order and neatness was just a reaction from his dirty disorganised private life.

***
Written for Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 100

After writing this I felt that I needed to balance it with a second light hearted story.  That can be read here -> Crumbs.

To read the other writers this week click here

I'd love read what you think about this post...

12 comments :

  1. Dear Subroto,

    I have to wonder just what was buried under all the disorganization. I want to know his dirty secret. Nicely done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, he had a few skeletons in his private life.

      Delete
  2. I commented on the other story. This on is my pick for today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I am so glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. It's never about the mess or the cleanliness, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's all about the control, the mess is just an excuse for the violence. Thanks for your comments Dale.

      Delete
  4. I actually read your other story first. I loved both of them! :)

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan I am glad you liked them both.

      Delete
  5. I just wonder what was hidden beneath it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lies, deception and violence I'd think. Thank for reading Björn.

      Delete
  6. Interesting! I wonder what secret he's keeping. Fun take on the prompt.
    Anne from annehiga.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easier to get upset at outside things than feel the hurt of what is bottled up inside. Better to peel off the layers of that internal onion slowly. At least the person recognizes what's going on, which is half the battle. Good story.

    ReplyDelete