Saturday, April 04, 2020

Snap Chat

PHOTO PROMPT © Douglas M. MacIlroy

Grandpa,how come you don’t have a smart phone? What if you need to google something?

Well I could always ask Grandma, we both know that she knows everything.

But how can you remember everyone’s phone number?

I have an address book with numbers written in it.

Mum says you don’t have Facebook or Twitter.

I don’t need to. You see that bird outside? I just have to speak on my phone and he will instantly tweet my words.

Are you are having me on Grandpa?

I couldn’t even if I tried,you sir are no bird brain.
***

Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

Five more days for this self isolation to end.  Hope you are all staying safe.

To read the other writers for this week, click here.

I'd love read what you think about this post...

14 comments :

  1. Your self isolation is ending in 5 days? No wonder you're happy about the bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The isolation has ended but the social distancing continues :-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Subroto,

    Remember when a phone was just a phone? Good one.

    Shalom and stay well,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And those tough handsets worked well in defending yourself from any criminal breaking into your home. You wouldn't throw your smartphone at anyone now ;-)

      Delete
  3. I can only remember the numbers from my youth... strange that you once had to dial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were also operators to place long distance calls. Thanks for your comments Björn.

      Delete
  4. Awe, what an endearing conversation between a grandparent and a grandchild. How lucky they both are to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Really cute. Grandpa's a smart guy :)

    ReplyDelete