Thursday, September 06, 2018

The moon shines brighter tonight

PHOTO PROMPT © Gah Learner


The moon shines brighter tonight
I stand and gaze on its light
This our time on weekends
When we hit the town.

Those youthful days that I recall
In company of friends spinning yarns
Laced by nostalgia and a warm glow
That time brings to days gone by.

Our past years have been spent
In this very room where I now stand
Overlooking the hills in a distance
Our very own ‘room with a view’.

Not my first choice you would joke
How bare and bereft it seems now
Machines unplugged and humming no more
The moon shines brighter tonight.

***

The moon shines over another week of the Friday Fictioneers.

I am going for two submissions this week. The second one can be found here -> Lunatic

To read other stories by the Fictioneers this week click here

I'd love read what you think about this post...





17 comments :

  1. This is lovely and sad, I think, Subroto
    Last stanza, first line... should it read "Not"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! Indeed it should, this is what happens when you submit before falling asleep. Thanks for pointing that out. I am glad you liked the poem.

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem, Subroto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you repeat the first line as the close of the poem. You've worked hard on the description of the evenings out and the room - I particularly liked the way you used 'laced', picking it up from the curtains - and you chose significant details that give authenticity to the descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for picking up on those aspects Penny and your lovely comments.

      Delete
  4. Dear Subroto,

    Love this romantic poem. Wistful and full of longing. Well done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, I am happy it spoke to you.

      Delete
  5. The 'Machines unplugged and humming no more' has me thinking this is a love poem to someone recently dead, and they have spent the last years receiving medical treatment in their room with a view. Sad and full of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I had in mind. Thanks for reading and commenting Sarah.

      Delete
  6. Lovely poetry. Nice take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous3:55 am

    A tender and nostalgic piece. Beautifully written. Jilly, Sugar on the Bee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jilly I am glad you liked it.

      Delete