Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Fairy Tales

PHOTO PROMPT © Nathan Sowers 
I recognised that mirror the moment I saw it.  My source was correct, there was treasure to be found in that market.

I disguised my eagerness and even appeared to be doing the dealer a favour by taking it off his hands.  Those goblins would sell their mother for the right price.

I couldn’t wait to get it inside the house, so I hastily unwrapped it and propped it up against the wall.

“Mirror, mirror on the wall do you have any gossip for me at all?”


This mirror was going to make my gossip column number one in Fairyland.

***


The mirror tells me it is time for another week of the Friday Fictioneers.  



I am going for two submissions this week.  The second one can be found here -> Reflections 

To read other stories by the Fictioneers this week click here

I'd love read what you think about this post...

20 comments :

  1. Loved the idea of a gossip mirror. What have magical mirrors come to??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably have their own chat shows and twitter feed ;-) Thanks for commenting Neil.

      Delete
  2. I would like to hear some of the Fairyland gossip :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to get in touch the the Fairy Godmother ;-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. I hear the Mirror has been using google these days.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Dear Subroto,

    Few people can fracture a fairy tale quite the way you do. Love this.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle I am a bit twisted like that.

      Delete
  6. Gossip... we just can't escape it, can we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No we can't Dale. Would you like to hear some more?

      Delete
  7. Anonymous1:19 am

    This is such a great take. I love the idea of the gossipy mirror. So imaginative. Jilly, Sugar on the Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jilly I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  8. I knew that there was a way to make money from a magic mirror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takes just one bad mirror to exploit the system ;-) Thanks for commenting Björn.

      Delete