Friday, January 24, 2014

Castle of Dreams

Copyright – Björn Rudberg
"Let's run away," she whispered.

"Where shall we go?" I moved in closer.

"To an island far away," her eyes sparkled, "With coastal cliffs, cascading waterfalls and lush green plantations."

"And our house?" I asked.

"Will be set in a vineyard with terraced fields of emerald hue."

"Our own Castillo de los Sueños."

"A castle of dreams" she smiled "with a shed to store the wine."

"I want one with a sloping tin roof," I held her hand.

"I grant you your wish," smilingly she closed her eyes.

The Hospital log recorded the time of death at 11:45 PM


**


Written for Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 99

20 comments :

  1. :( that last line was like a punch in the gut and made me teary eyed (i cry easily) excellent story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Kz.

      Delete
  2. Knock after knock, you stand like a rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good exit strategy and way to go! Great story! Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting Nan.

      Delete
  4. So sad.. but I'm glad she died with a smile on her face.. the best way to pass away I guess...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bjorn I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Dear Subroto,

    Oh my. I didn't see that one coming. Beautifully crafted.

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. so sad - but beautifully written. I like the twist, I did not expect it.
    Liebe Grüße
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Carmen.

      Delete
  7. Lovely vision, sad ending, successful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  8. I was beaming while reading-thinking,how romantic and then came the last line and my heart broke!No wonder it is said somethings are too good to be true-sigh!A beautifully crafted tale Subroto:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No tears for me when I die, let laughter follow me as I fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a beautiful thought Purba. Thanks for reading.

      Delete