Friday, January 24, 2014

Castle of Dreams

Copyright – Björn Rudberg
"Let's run away," she whispered.

"Where shall we go?" I moved in closer.

"To an island far away," her eyes sparkled, "With coastal cliffs, cascading waterfalls and lush green plantations."

"And our house?" I asked.

"Will be set in a vineyard with terraced fields of emerald hue."

"Our own Castillo de los Sueños."

"A castle of dreams" she smiled "with a shed to store the wine."

"I want one with a sloping tin roof," I held her hand.

"I grant you your wish," smilingly she closed her eyes.

The Hospital log recorded the time of death at 11:45 PM


**


Written for Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 99

20 comments :

  1. Anonymous7:41 am

    :( that last line was like a punch in the gut and made me teary eyed (i cry easily) excellent story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Kz.

      Delete
  2. Knock after knock, you stand like a rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:44 pm

    Good exit strategy and way to go! Great story! Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting Nan.

      Delete
  4. So sad.. but I'm glad she died with a smile on her face.. the best way to pass away I guess...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bjorn I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Dear Subroto,

    Oh my. I didn't see that one coming. Beautifully crafted.

    shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous3:30 pm

    A beautiful goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:33 pm

    so sad - but beautifully written. I like the twist, I did not expect it.
    Liebe Grüße
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:41 pm

    Lovely vision, sad ending, successful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  9. I was beaming while reading-thinking,how romantic and then came the last line and my heart broke!No wonder it is said somethings are too good to be true-sigh!A beautifully crafted tale Subroto:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No tears for me when I die, let laughter follow me as I fly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a beautiful thought Purba. Thanks for reading.

      Delete