Thursday, June 25, 2020

Egged On

PHOTO PROMPT © Todd Foltz


Long before he fell off a wall and scrambled himself, Humpty had made a quite a reputation as a stand up comic.

In those days members of his community were hard-boiled folks who would look down on anyone daring to be different.

Being born free range he begged to differ and would say there is no such thing as a bad yolk.

His eggsuberant spirit won over all those who doubted his ability to crack jokes. Chicks flocked to his performances.

Off the Wall TV show invited him to be a guest star. He accepted and you know the rest.

***

Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

I've missed a few entries these last few months.  It's not that I have a bad case of eggzema, I am always eggcited to take part, just work commitments are taking precedence over writing.  So this is my eggpress entry this week.  I hope it makes you cackle. 

To read the other writers for this week, click here.

I'd love read what you think about this post...

21 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the sunny side up endorsement Neil.

      Delete
  2. Dear Subroto,

    I'll have my story sunny-side up with a side of hot-crossed puns. I practically flipped over seeing you back. Loved your Off the wall story.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, I may have poached a few puns ;-)

      Delete
  3. Now I've had this debate many times with different people, even on blogs I think, but why do we assume Humpty is an egg? Nothing in the nursery rhyme says he is, so where did it start? Still, should have known better than to appear on that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm good point Iain. The hen-cyclopedia has nothing about this too.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for the eggsuberant response.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for the eggstra endorsement.

      Delete
  6. Ha, eggs everywhere in your story :-) I loved the first sentence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali, I hope it didn't come off as a bit egg-centric.

      Delete
  7. Reading that was like eating a tasty omelette - eggs spread everywhere. Loved 'chicks flocked to see him'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those eggsilarating comments Fatima.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope it eggnited your passion for some more.

      Delete
  9. You cracked me up with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was afraid it might come across as an inside yolk.

      Delete
  10. I can't outpun all these peeps...
    Funny, Subroto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am egg-static you liked it Dale.

      Delete