Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Potted Plant Plot



The maestro was in his element, mumbling to himself while examining the bookshelf.   In great excitement he seized me by the coat-sleeves.

I have been an imbecile Watson.  Observe the evidence, his eyes glittered, tell me that you see it too.

You amaze me, Holmes, said I, who is it?

The footprints on the top shelf.  The murderer was here in this room disguised as a plant .

How do we find him?


Inspector Lestrade must look for a man resembling a potted plant.

***

Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

To read the other writers this week, click here.

I have another flash in this week Shelf Life

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

19 comments :

  1. You see loads of them around, those men like pot plants! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially at the pub, waiting to be watered ;-)

      Delete
  2. A cunning disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a chap with spiky green hair yesterday - I wonder!


    My story - Billy and me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Subroto,

    How hard could it be to find a man resembling a potted plant? Fun stuff.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see them everywhere. Maybe they are spies planted in our midst.

      Delete
  5. Quite a surreal story. I think that plant is capable of anything, interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That plant is looking for world domination. Thanks for your comments Francine.

      Delete
  6. Your story tickled me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  7. A man who resembles a plant. Hmmmm. Does anyone else remember the Jolly Green Giant? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe there is a future for him doing commercials on TV?

      Delete
  8. Impressive & Interesting story. You continued to publish articles like this.

    Thanks & Regards
    Perth BYO Restaurant

    ReplyDelete