Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Shelf Life

Copyright Penny Gadd

I have been a lower shelf person for all my life.  The kind that is always within easy reach.  Need company for a movie? Call me.  Want a last minute party inclusion to make up numbers? Hey I dont mind, I know how busy you are, invites slip your mind. It happens.

You? Always at the top of the shelf and a little hard to reach but you do get around.  Spreading out in all directions, upward mostly but occasionally sending feelers down and reminding us of your presence. 


Eventually you will find your way to my shelf.

***

Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

To read the other writers this week, click here.

I have another flash in this week Potted Plant Plot

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

30 comments :

  1. Great metaphorical extension of the prompt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a potential romance could blossom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps Iain but more likely a contact made when something is needed.

      Delete
  3. Loved this take on the photo prompt! Cleverly done.


    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. I really liked your take on the prompt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a nice and original take. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the metaphor! I'm a bottom shelf sort of person myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like me then ;-) Thanks for your comments Ali.

      Delete
  7. Me? Right in the middle! A delightfully different take.


    My story - Billy and me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Middle is a good place to be. Thanks for reading Keith.

      Delete
  8. Dear Subroto,

    Well done take on the prompt. It says a lot in few words about relationships and attitudes.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rochelle, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  9. I like where you took this and I like your title too. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The metaphor is just too good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if it's really so great up on that top-shelve as we always believes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grass (or top shelf) is always greener on the other side. Thanks for yor comments Björn.

      Delete
  12. In the meantime, life goes on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always :-)
      Thanks for commenting Lisa.

      Delete
  13. I like this story from the view of the plants in the room. That's a viewpoint you don't hear very often. Funny and well-written, Subroto. :D --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne , that is one of of looking at it.

      Delete
  14. What a genius take on the prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I am blushing now.

      Delete