Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Interrogation

PHOTO PROMPT © Rochelle Wisoff-Fields

The captors guided me blindfolded into the room.

“Take them off”, that voice, where have I heard it before?

I blinked under the harsh spotlight but I could make out a purple wraith holding a photograph. 

“What do you see?” she asked.

It had to be her, the famed purple ringleader.

“Answer or I’ll gie ye a skelpit lug!“

The Scotsman? Here? Am I going to get out alive?

“Potty humour is a safe option” said the red nosed guy.

“Alright,” I screamed, “the photo has nothing to do with the story.”

Then I woke up.


But it could happen.

***
Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

Have you ever wondered what it might be to write a story that does not match the photo?  Yeah, me too, especially after a few writers go missing....

Alas the limit of a hundred word leaves most of you out but I did think of you ;-)



To read the other writers click here.

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

32 comments :

  1. Love your non story! Most original ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dale I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Well, that was something different...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, 'good different' I hope :-)

      Delete
  3. Ha ha - top marks for originality!

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Friday Fictioneers that stressful for you? Maybe time to take it a little more relaxed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress what stress? These men in white coats think I am pretty relaxed ;-)

      Delete
  5. Interesting take. You made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if you will come out alive... there is a deep end of the pool you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoken like a true fictioneer Björn ;-)

      Delete
  7. Dear Subroto,

    The Scot, the red-nosed guy and the purple ringleader? All in one place. Glad you woke up. ;) Love it.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could have had more were it not for the word limit ;-) Thanks for your comments Rochelle, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  8. Delightfully different and I really enjoyed it!

    Rosey, a joke and some wine!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you're dreaming about Friday Fictioneers? Awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, I have no life ;-)
      Thanks for your comments Ali.

      Delete
  10. That's really funny, especially the second time through :) Sometimes I'm just a little slow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I am glad you finally got there ;-)

      Delete
  11. Entertaining and creative! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! I absolutely loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny, Subroto. Well done. Also, my son just loved the Blackadder character. :D --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. Rowan Atkinson is brilliant as Blackadder.

      Delete
  14. Dreams are so non-sensical. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Phew! It was a dream :)
    Hope such dreams don't come true. Scary to deal with such people!

    ReplyDelete