Thursday, January 24, 2019

Starting Over

PHOTO PROMPT © Ted Strutz

When we were young all we wanted was to grow old together.  Now that oldness has set in along with wrinkles, sagginess and weight gain, he thinks we need a fresh start. 

So I got the talk about how he wants to return to the beginning.  For which he must move out to discover himself.   The idiot left his email open yesterday.  I know exactly what he is discovering!

So here I am with his true love, a Chevrolet Bel Air, that I helped restore.

I am leaving it as we first found it.  He did mention a fresh start.

***
 100 words.

A Friday submission to this week's of  Friday Fictioneer.  And as the car in the photo is a classic Chevrolet Bel Air from 1953 here is a sample of hits from that year.




To test drive the other writer's offerings click here.   

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

26 comments :

  1. Hah! Kudos to her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Dale. I sense a kindred spirit :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh glorious revenge. I could see the hammer in her hand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A silver hammer I think. Thanks for commenting Neil.

      Delete
  3. No, not the car! Anything but that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rearrange the face?
      Thanks for your comments Iain.

      Delete
  4. Good revenge. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revenge is sweet! Reminds me of that scene in Waiting to Exhale, where she burns all of his things... in his Mercedes! A woman scorned; I love how you've played that out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Dear Subroto,

    I thought that was a Chevy Bel Air. My dad's first car. ;) Serves him right. Well written story.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A classic car. Thanks for commenting Rochelle.

      Delete
  7. Yeah, hit him where it hurts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a lovely way of describing her revenge! You made me cackle with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, I always love it when a reader cackles with laughter :-)

      Delete
  9. Too bad for the car, but he deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Björn, in this case revenge is a banged up car :-)

      Delete
  10. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! Ooh, loved this revenge story1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anshu I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  11. Great, sweet revenge! Nice take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa I am glad you liked it.

      Delete