Saturday, January 19, 2019

Passing Through

PHOTO PROMPT © Dale Rogerson

Growing up my father and uncle would hint about a mysterious power that I would acquire one day.  It became a standing joke between us.

Yesterday I found myself locked out with no one else at home.  Suddenly I felt this intense desire to be inside and found myself passing through the door.  I freaked out but as my leg came through, my body was whole again taking out a section of the door.  

Panicking I called my father but he sounded relieved. 

The first time is scary, he said.

Turns out all male members of our family can disapparate.

***
 100 words.

A late entry to this week's of  Friday Fictioneer.  I was going all serious but then I scratched my entry out.  I did debate with myself (I am weird like that) about using a word that is not in dictionary usage but instead comes to us from  popular culture, oh alright from Harry Potter, but then again magic won in the end.

To open the other broken doors click here

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

20 comments :

  1. I'm glad magic won. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amie, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. I'm with Amie, I'm glad the magic won. Good write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your imaginative take on the photo prompt!

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. That's a handy power to have. The first time for many things is scary, very true. Good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never have to replace lost keys again ;-) Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed this and learnt what disapparate is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. The 2nd time will be fun though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might take a few attempts before he gets it right :-)

      Delete
  7. Dear Subroto,

    And once he gets the hang of it he'll be passing through every wall and door. Fun story.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaning against walls may be a problem. Thanks for your comment Rochelle, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  8. This made me chuckle. I wonder if witches to take a "broom driving course" before being allowed to fly? - Russell Gayer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I think they should also be banned from using a mobile while flying.

      Delete
  9. That was fun and I really enjoyed it (a big fan of Harry Potter and all the lingo)
    Now, he must also learn how to fix it? And when he does, can he come to my house and fix mine, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Dale, I believe for fixing the magic spell is found in the book known as 'Yellow Pages', look under 'Carpenters'.

      Delete