Saturday, May 16, 2020

Islands In The Stream

PHOTO PROMPT © Jan Wayne Fields


Once more I bid you farewell. These past few weeks have been the best of my life. What we have had was beautiful and something many don’t get to experience over a lifetime.

Of course I am totally committed to you, even in this paradise I only had eyes for you. Those flowers stuck in my cap? You know how friendly everyone is, so probably just a sisterly gesture. Yes I do have lots of caps but I just can’t say no.

I would gladly stay but you know there are other islands to see and ports to sail into.

***

This is a two for one weekend.  The second one is here Cap-tivated.

Ah well, if the song is in the title then here it is, one of my favourites



Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

To read the other writers for this week, click here.

I'd love read what you think about this post...

8 comments :

  1. Dear Subroto,

    And how deeply do we feel the loss of Kenny Rogers? Lovely tribute. (yes?)

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspired by his song Rochelle but this was more of a serial wanderer.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy it while it lasts, just don't expect more and all shall remain happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You capture the Hawa'ii state of mind. I imagine one could easily get carried away by it while there.

    ReplyDelete