Sunday, June 09, 2019

Sole Owner

PHOTO PROMPT © Ceayr

She always looked forward going back to her house after a day of hard work.  To the welcoming blue hues and the masses of flowers in the many pots that were dotted all over the place.  

The ochre coloured steps that she walked up on her return and the pristine white wooden doors that she entered to be in her own paradise.  In the evening she would bake.  

It was a world far removed from the chaotic mess of her mother’s house where she grew up with her many siblings.  You know the old woman who lived in a shoe.  

***

 Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

To read the other writers click here.

Phew! Just about made it this week.

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

18 comments :

  1. I can imagine the change in lifestyle is most welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The freedom to do as you please is probably a blessing. Thanks for your comments Iain.

      Delete
  2. Dear Subroto,

    What an imaginative piece. You always hear about the old woman and the shoe but never from one of her many children. And what of the old woman's deadbeat husband? Well done, sir.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle I am glad you liked it. I was happy to make it before the deadline.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad she was able to upgrade and get some peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Jade.

      Delete
  4. That is so adorable - love your take on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Lovely! Well, now we know what happened to one of the children, I wonder where the others are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. Can't say about all of then but I think Jack and Jill went up some hill ;-)

      Delete
  6. I have a friend, one in a family of eight siblings, whose elderly mother recently died. The siblings were all together for the first time in several years, and my friend tells me that there was uproarious laughter along with the tears. I think it's great, but my own needs are more like the main character in this story. I cherish my alone time to regroup, rest, be quiet if I please. That's home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I too love a good family get-together but nothing to beat a quiet time to rest.

      Delete
  7. Good story and well written, Subroto. I can imagine any home would be less stressful than the shoe of the old lady with all those children. :) --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne, it may have been stressful but her mother's house did have a sole :-)

      Delete
  8. Having a home to go to and relax, keep things as you want them to be is such a relief and it comes through clearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabi, indeed it is so. I am glad you were able to get that.

      Delete
  9. Very well written. Afterall home is where heaven is!!

    ReplyDelete