Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Rocky salt

PHOTO PROMPT © J Hardy Carroll

“Dad what did you cook today?”

“A gourmet feast. Why?”

“It was terrible.  I couldn’t eat it.”

“Couldn’t eat it?  Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.”

“But it was half cooked and too salty.”

“You still gotta eat it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how….”

“Mom! Dad’s been watching Rocky again.”

**





Written for Friday Fictioneers Word Count : 100.

So this is the second entry for this week.  I normally avoid only dialogue stories but hope it makes you smile.  Also I should point out, the dad is using quotes from the Rocky movie ;-)

To read the first one click here - The Champ

To read the other writers this week click here  

I'd love read what you think about this post...

24 comments :

  1. Dear Subroto,

    Sometimes dialogue is the best way to tell a story. Good one.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true Rochelle sometimes it works well and one needs it as a story telling device. The problem is when you start using only dialogue to tell the story. Thanks for your comments, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. The voice you use for this story feels authentic. Not sure I'd like the father, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dad likes to tease his kids. I should point out those are quotes from the movie ;-)

      Delete
  3. Haha loved this. We should all live by Rocky quotes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain you are right about that and to quote Mr Balboa “Going in one more round when you don’t think you can. That’s what makes all the difference in your life.”

      Delete
  4. Entertaining--I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Glad to entertain you.

      Delete
  5. I loved this one, too, Subroto! Two winning entries this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Dale, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Great one... you were on a roll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Björn. Listening to the theme from Rocky helps ;-)

      Delete
  7. Ha! Dad got a bit too much into character there. Very good

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. I didn't see Rocky but I can see there could be some valuable lessons there. Great dialogue and fun story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  9. LOL! I love the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:05 am

    Thanks for the smile.
    Lovely story.
    Best wishes,
    Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moon, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete