Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Keepers

PHOTO PROMPT – © Claire Fuller


“What’s he done now?” I ask as they bring him in.

I get a sullen look from the guard instead.

He winks at me, the cheeky bastard, ignoring the shackles.

“I expect better service at your establishment this time landlord”

They follow me to the portal chamber and I pick the first entrance.  Three twists to the right and two to the left.  The strong stench of sulphur assails my nostrils. He will soon find the changes that we’ve made.

“I expect a five star rating” I say as I push him through. We have outsourced his keep to Hell.


**

Written for the Friday Fictioneers  Word Count : 100.  

To read the other Friday Fictioneers prisoners go here


Still shuttling between two cities.  Working in Sydney during the week and in Brisbane for the weekend.  Which made me miss a post last week  So rather than become a prisoner of work I'll put an entry in today (or way past midnight).

18 comments :

  1. Enjoyable story! A nice read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Graham, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:55 am

    That's such a strong idea, that prisoners get sent to hell as their punishment. Not one I'm in agreement mind you, but a great story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be difficult to implement ;-) Thanks for your comments Claire I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  3. Dear Subroto,

    The outsource of no return. Quite a story.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inferno awaits :-) Thanks for your comments Rochelle I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. Cocky bugger, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is going to have a hell of a story to tell. Thanks for reading and commenting Dale.

      Delete
  5. Good take on the prompt. Oursourced to hell... makes you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With outsourcing the devil is in the detail. Thanks for your comments Sandra, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. I think this is what has already happened.. the offshoring industry is huge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. It is a hell of an industry to be in. Thanks for reading and commenting Björn.

      Delete
  7. Hehe, I had a suspicion when I smelled the sulphur. I wonder wher the other portals lead to. Great take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a devil of a smell. Thanks for your comments GaH I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  8. I agree with the others, this was an enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I think it was a yarn of Hell that worked :-)

      Delete
  9. Now that's affirmative action and a good way to solve the overpopulation problem in prisons. With a bit of publicity it might even be a deterrent to crime. Or maybe not. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that might work except when Hell runs out of space. Thanks for your comments Margaret, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete