Tuesday, April 17, 2018

New Love Cocktail

Created by Freepik

I raise a full glass to my lips
Here’s to us bien-aimé, my sweetheart
A toast to remember those years
When innocent was I of the truth.

My memories, tarnished and tainted now
Your photos and videos make them so
Capturing intimacy with strangers
With acts that made you forsake our love.

The investigator visited again yesterday
I offered him a New Love cocktail to drink
Blending you with gin, lemon juice, raspberry syrup
Throwing in sweet vermouth, the flavours merging.

Stored in a large pitcher and served over ice
He commented on its rich full-bodied taste
I’ll drink thee darling for one last time

Before I expel you from my system.

***
Another poem hinting on a darker theme  'N' for 'New Love Cocktail'

My challenge for April is to write poetry. 

My A to Z entries can be navigated to from this page - A2Z, I will be very pleased if you managed to take some time out to read and comments on the poems.

I'd love read what you think about this post...

4 comments :

  1. Cocktails don't come more full bodied than that one! Great to meet up with you again.

    A-Z of My Friend Rosey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of body in this one. Nice to read your A2Z posts too Keith.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That was evil! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably was :-) Thanks for commenting Shilpa.

      Delete