Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Not A Muse

PHOTO PROMPT – © Jennifer Pendergast

I am in a world of train. What should I write ?

You could do a re-run of your old train-wreck of a story.

Someone seems to got up on the wrong side of the track today.

I thought with your track record...

Bless my coal I am the master of my own freight, but nice try at derailing me.

Me? You sir are perfectly capable of doing it on your own. Just go down the memory train.

That is a crazy thing to say, do you have a loco-motive? What did I do to get a muse like you?

***

Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

To read the other writers for this week, click here.

It's true, the muse did not help this time.  I believe 'social distancing' was the excuse.  Also I did have an entry for this prompt the last time too.  You can read it Train Spotter

I'd love read what you think about this post...

20 comments :

  1. I don't have the training to understand this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on the right track Neil ;-

      Delete
  2. Haha!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trains are a useful thing for metaphors, aren't they?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are but it's hard to keep track Iain.

      Delete
  4. Dear Subroto,

    I'm afraid I don't have the train power to spar with you. But I'll tell you your story is right on track today. Toot! Toot!

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle, the rerun allows us to go down the memory train.

      Delete
  5. Seems someone switched the tracks a few times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. As they say no train, no gain

      Delete
  6. Your little engine could and did. Fun story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I might have used every track in the book.

      Delete
  7. An a-musing train of thought! You've got us all at it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, I set off train reaction ;-)

      Delete
  8. A punning muse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. I loved this, "...do you have a loco-motive?" Such a pain, being muse-less, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill, sometimes no muse is good muse.

      Delete
  10. Your muse is a bit of a smart-arse! Great piece, thank you.

    ReplyDelete