Thursday, April 25, 2019

Charmed

Copyright Sandra Crook

She was cold, impervious and totally resistant to my charms. The one bridge I could never cross, surprising as the charm had done its trick before.   I mean just look at my track record.  Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, those chicks were putty in my hand. 


But that chick that Rumple spun straw into gold for.  We auditioned together but she told the Grimm brothers that she wanted a King not a Prince.  That nut just wanted her to spin straw into gold! The IRS is on to those schemes now and King owns them big time in back repayments.

***
Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

I am going for a two for one deal this week.  To read the other story click here.

To read the other writers this week click here.

I'd love to read what you think about this post...

26 comments :

  1. Avarice. That will trump love and possession every time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not all the time :-) But definitely provide stiff competition. Thanks for commenting Neil.

      Delete
  2. I love a fairytale mash up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that the IRS are finally catching up with him!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's payback time. I hear family services are looking that deal she made with Rumple too.

      Delete
  4. Dear Subroto,

    And all that time I thought the king married the miller's daughter for love. The cad. Another well fractured fairy tale.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course he did Rochelle. He loved gold.

      Delete
  5. Bad luck for Prince Charming. Maybe she heard about all his adventures and decided riches were better than charms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She probably read his twitter feed and decided to go the safe route ;-)

      Delete
  6. Ha ha! Good one, Subroto! Poor bugger, his charm not so charming when faced with the prospect of all that gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure he will find someone else, Charming seems to get around ;-)

      Delete
  7. She better stick to princes. The king sounds like big trouble. Not that prince though. He just wants short-term romance. She can do better. Cute story, Subroto. :) --- Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much of a choice left for her. Thanks for your comments Suzanne, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  8. A fun retelling. And the tax man always gets his cut, I fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "If you drive a car, I'll tax the street.."
      The Beatles had the right song for it. Thanks for your comments Margaret.

      Delete
  9. Well, that's about as different from your other post as it could be :) Made me laugh. Charm doesn't win against wealth, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I am glad you got a laugh out of it. Charming is going to try elsewhere anyway ;-)

      Delete
  10. An original take on those old stories - quite a different mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting Francine.

      Delete
  11. What an original take on the prompt. Fractured fairytales make the best stories. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fatima, fractured fairytales are open to so many possibilities :-)

      Delete