Wednesday, October 05, 2022

The Departure Lounge

PHOTO PROMPT © David Stewart


“Is this seat taken?” I ask.

The trick is to inject that note of shy hesitancy.  Makes you seem vulnerable and needy and there are always those kind pottering around airports.  

He briefly looks over his book and tells me to take it. 

As always he is drinking coffee in a cup.  For me those takeaway cups with lids are an occupational hazard.

They chose me for my ability to slip something unnoticed in a drink, a task done many times before for the Supreme Leader.

Never walk away afterwards.  And it helps to raise an alarm to avoid suspicion.

***

 Written for the Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 100

Wow! I can't believe I've not written anything for over a year now.  I suppose writing code does not count either.  Well one way to ease back into Friday Fictioneers is to start by having a body count.

To read the other writers click here.

I'd love read what you think about this post...

21 comments :

  1. Anonymous8:19 am

    Welcome back with this nice little chiller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. That took a dark turn. Good to see you back and hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:00 am

    What has he done, started a war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably getting rid of opponents for a dictator somewhere, thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back, Subroto!

    He's a smooth operator. Hope I'm never his target!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Don't upset a dictator and you will never be his target.

      Delete
  5. You're back with a flourish, Subroto - welcome back! This is a neat and effective story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous5:28 am

    How nice to "see" you again--and with such a tidy little thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Subroto,

    I've wondered what happened to you although FF has a revolving door. Lovely to see you back. And good advice for someone wanting to slip poison into another's drink. Nicely (?) Done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to dip my "writing toes" in the FF pond again. Work and laziness got in the way all these months.

      Delete
  8. Welcome back! And with a death, always reliable. Seems your character is pretty reliable too, but not in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, he can be relied to do all the dirty work no one wants.

      Delete
  9. You and i have re-entered the lists on the same week. Nice/nasty story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  10. Nicely done and intriguing story. Glad to see you writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill, it's good to write again.

      Delete
  11. Starsinclayjars1:40 am

    Oooh nice little chiller there! Well done.

    ReplyDelete