Friday, October 16, 2020

Love Boat



In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue. 

 Where are we going Christopher? 

 It’s a surprise mum, we are nearly there, I took a wrong turn back there otherwise we would reached by now. 

 Why are we at the marinara Christopher? 

 It’s a marina mum, marinara is a sauce. Over there do you see it? 

 That pink boat with the ‘for sale’ sign? Or the bicycle next to it? 

Both mum. 

 It’s a ladies cycle Chris, who is the lucky lady? 

 It’s you mum. The boat is for me. I am sailing to the Sydney Mardi Gras with my friend Pablo.



***
Written for Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 100

My first thought was to increase the body count for the week.  The pink boat provides ample opportunity.  But in the end a dialogue only story for this week.

To read the other writers this week click here

I'd love read what you think about this post...

14 comments :

  1. Oh, nice, a bike for mum, a boat for son! I'm sure she'd love Mardi Gras too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali, mum could be the dancing queen :-)

      Delete
  2. Dear Subroto,

    Hmmm. I wonder how Mum feels about that arrangement? Fun story.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle. Mum's going to accepting and go on a bike ride with Pablo.

      Delete
  3. Imaginative take on the prompt! How does Mum feel about Pablo, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny, I am sure Mum's going to get on fine with him.

      Delete
  4. Nice way to break the news. Wonderful whimsical tale, Subroto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. At least he got her a bike when he said goodbye. Funny tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a cyclelogical move ;-)
      Thanks for your comments Brenda.

      Delete
  6. Your dialogue worked for me! Great story (loved the marinara/marina exchange).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for not raising the body count...
    Fun dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next time ;-)
      Thanks for reading Dale.

      Delete