Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Melting Hearts

PHOTO PROMPT © Dale Rogerson


They told me to steer clear of ice-maidens.

So it was that you were a touch frosty when we met.

Walk away they said when the roses get covered in snow.

But snow-covered flowers signal that a fresh start is on the way.

The sparse beauty of a winter wonderland has much to offer.

And in many aspects snowflakes are like us - imperfect.

They too grow unevenly, in a short span can be broken, melted and refrozen.

If that isn't being human I don't know what is.

Winter does not last forever.

Ice-maidens too have hearts that melt.

***

Written for Friday Fictioneers. Word Count : 99

To read the other writers this week click here

I'd love read what you think about this post...

24 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Time for ice maidens to melt then...

      Delete
  2. As the snow has finally melted here, this was very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story and your sensitivity here. My favorite line:
    "Walk away they said when the roses get covered in snow."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa I am so glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. Dear Subroto,

    What a lovely poem. A heart melter. Comer spring. <3

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your appreciation Rochelle.

      Delete
  5. Ah, lovely! I liked this a lot! Na'ama

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was lovely, Subroto! Everyone deserves a chance...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed, thanks for your comments Dale.

      Delete
  7. Take no notice of what they say! Your last line is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Others have already said it--"they" don't know everything. I liked the hope in this story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  9. Love this! It rings so true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sense a lot of hope in your lovely piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautifully poetic piece, magical even. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda, I am glad you liked it.

      Delete