Saturday, May 30, 2020

Last Dance

PHOTO PROMPT © David Stewart


It was in April last year that the video of middle-aged man dancing around a fountain in a tutu went viral.   In a world where the human attention span is less than that of a goldfish, the Internet was flooded with memes as the video racked up over eight million hits.

 

Observers attributed its popularity to the location.  The fountain with a sculpted flower in the middle surrounded by gorgeously lit buildings. Others remarked on the happiness radiating from the dancer.

 

I blame the extra shots of tequila consumed that afternoon.  I am never showing my face in public again.


***

Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

To read the other writers for this week, click here.

I'd love read what you think about this post...

18 comments :

  1. Everybody is famous for fifteen minutes, they say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days it is probably fifteen seconds :-)

      Delete
  2. Fortunately most of my embarrassing public "appearances" happened before camera phones :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I too am a part of that lucky generation.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha - great story - made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Subroto,

    As they say, some things can't be unseen. This made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Ha... I would probably be ashamed as well.. (or maybe proud)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably a bit of both. Thanks for your comments Björn.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy the moment of fame before it has gone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh out loud at the end. The world watching was happy, and he should be also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right he should. Thanks for commenting Lisa.

      Delete
  8. Hahaha! Hey... I would take the comments about the happiness radiating from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha doesn't matter.. Does it... You can still count on the goldfish's attention span

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that. Thanks for your comments Ira.

      Delete