Saturday, April 25, 2020

Since You Bin Gone

PHOTO PROMPT © C.E.Ayr
When are you emptying that terrorist bin of yours?

What terrorist bin Dad?

You know the one Bin Laden with trash that needs emptying.

That’s sad even by Dad joke standards.

Unknowingly I’d thrown out a challenge.

I wheelie bin trying to get rid of this rubbish but it’s piling on.

You never call home and you mother is worried.  Where you bin?

And now that old faded poster lies forlornly against the wall.  I didn’t throw it just to see what you would say.

Mom hands over a note.  He left it for you she says.

‘Dear poster child…’

***

Maybe I should have recycled a story for this week but I've not bin that busy

Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

To read the other writers for this week, click here.

I'd love read what you think about this post...

21 comments :

  1. Very clever! I went back and read it twice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Third time normally works for me ;-) Thanks for your comments Eugenia.

      Delete
  2. Dear Subroto,

    It sounds like you bin spying on my family. My father used to say a pun is the lowest form of pastry. My brother and I are worse than out dad. Pun-dits we. Love it.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle you know I am descended from Pundits though not from Punjab. Often my cousins and I have a puntastic time together.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha - thanks for making me smile!

    Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Susan, the pleasure is all mine.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, I did use proper pun-ctuation today.

      Delete
  5. The puns abound. I feel pun-ished.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Funny--made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very punny and funny too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.
    Car Removal Brisbane
    Cash for Cars Ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  9. Read here to know more about Car Wreckers Wangara Perth Sell your scrap car with Wangara Cash For Cars largest privately-owned leading car wreckers, service providers and cash for cars in Perth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you have an old car you’re looking to be rid of, why not drop it off to the team at Perth Auto Wreckers? We’re the Perth car parts experts when it comes to the sustainable and thoughtful disposal of scrap vehicles that can be repurposed for their auto parts. Give us a call today on 0427 399 677 or contact us here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks https://subrotopant.blogspot.com/2020/04/since-you-bin-gone.html

    ReplyDelete