Saturday, January 18, 2020

Still Waters

PHOTO PROMPT © C.E. Ayr

This is where my story ends, right here by the water.  It is still dawn when the golden glow of the lamps shimmers in the water just before the lights go off and the creeping rays from the sun bask on the surface. 

I slide into the water and let it surround me.  Above me the lights play on the surface as I submerge leaving behind worries rippling on water.  Will they miss me when I am gone?


A fish swims past.  Such a beauty but my lungs are bursting.  I swim to the surface and my story begins again.

***

Written for the Friday Fictioneers.  Word count:100

Well hello Fictioneers, I am back in your community.  The photo this week comes from that master of macabre tales - CE Ayr, I was really tempted tie the narrator to some heavy bricks and released into the water but this time I resisted the temptation.  Be warned that I am planning to contribute more regularly once again.

To read the other writers this week, click here.



I'd love read what you think about this post...

3 comments :

  1. Dear Subroto,

    I'm glad he decided to rejoin the living. Nicely done. Here's a link to THIS week's story where the link is still open. Good to see you back in any event. https://rochellewisoff.com/2020/01/15/17-january-2020/

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rochelle. I now understand that the 'genius' within me wrote for the wrong week's prompt .

      Delete
  2. We are Steel Only. We are expert in Tubular, Slat Screen, Blade, Security, Steel Picket, Metaxas Fencing. We are based in Melbourne.

    Thanks & Regards
    blade fencing melbourne

    ReplyDelete